Friday, January 13, 2006

Productivity

Every morning after I put the kids on the bus I get a three hour break. I do wonderful things with that three hours: bill paying, errand running, napping, cooking. Sometimes I get home in time to catch the final ten minutes of Dawson's Creek on TBS. It's fun to imagine what events lead up to each day's tearful climax.

DAWSON: And... I want to figure out where we are. What's going on between us.
JOEY: And how do we do that, Dawson?
DAWSON: Oh, God... I'm sorry, Joe. I'm -- I'm not -- I'm just not all there. I mean, I can -- I can analyze somebody else until the cows wander home, but as soon as I turn all that indulgent perception on myself, it's like I completely lose connection between my heart and my head. It's like the two are incompatible, and I -- I can't get it together. And I really wish I could, because I'm so scared of what might happen if I don't. I... Does this make any sense to you at all?
JOEY: What are you so scared of, Dawson?
DAWSON: I don't know. I don't know.


Today I used my three hour break to watch an episode of Six Feet Under, and then I ate more than half a box of Corn Pops. My stomach hurts and the after-taste isn't pleasant either, but I'm not sorry.

For more memorable lines from Dawson's Creek you can go to the official website. You can also go there to buy your own personalized Dawson's Creek soundtrack-- you pick the songs, you pick the cover. Mine has Joey and Pacey on the cover, and features the song Juliette by Vanessa Daou, which played in Episode #615 while Joey shaved Pacey's goatee off. I always thought that was so moving.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

You do remember me, you, and Allison watching DC, right?

Miss Scarlet said...

Oh just kidding, don't approve this comment and the one before it...unless you don't approve my first one in which case approve these last two;)