Saturday, August 07, 2004

Are You Going to Put This in Your Blog?

A few weeks ago I worked a closing shift at work, and at midnight when I came out to my car it was covered in girls' underwear. All of my friends denied doing it, and a couple of weeks passed before I found out who was lying. They told me the that underwear at wal-mart is only 99 cents a pair, and that they waited for an hour to catch my reaction, from a safe distance across the parking lot.
"Are you going to put this in your blog?" they said. "The whole reason we did it was to get a mention in your blog."

Similarly, a few weeks ago I got a phone call at home from an AT&T operator.
"Hello sir, this is Travis at AT&T, have you had a relay call before?"
I told him that I had (Relay calls are a free service, designed for the hearing impaired. The caller goes to an internet site and places the call. They then type what they want to say so that an operator reads it to the person on the line. He then types any responses back to the caller).
"Hi, long time no see. Go ahead." Travis said.
"Who is this?" I asked.
After a pause- "Oh, you know. Remember last time? Go ahead."
"Uh, no, who is this?"
Another pause- "Man, I remember last time. You gave me such a huge boner. Go ahead." said Travis, completely deadpan.
"Uhm, I'm hanging up now. Bye Travis."
I found out soon afterwards that the call was placed by my sister.
"Man, that was so funny. I felt so bad for the operator, did he sound mad? Man, are you gonna write about this in your blog?"

The answer both times was no, but I have become hard up for things to write about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i never called it a blog! ASSFACE