Wednesday, June 02, 2004

My Big Break

I have had what I think is a million dollar idea, and now feel certain that I will leave the world a success.
I will produce an album, a double CD set (two for the price of one, so about $17.99 at Barnes and Noble, $12.99 at Target). Disc one would feature the Indigo Girls covering Enter the Wu Tang. Disc two would feature the Wu Tang Clan covering the Indigo Girls.
I think that such a CD would not only go double platinum and sweep the Grammies, but it could build a lot of bridges between the Indigo Girls' target audience, that being primarily lesbians, and the Wu Tang's target audience, that being primarily young black men. Imagine a concert with an audience populated by young African American men and homosexual women, with the proceeds given to me so that I can retire at 25.
This is my dream. All that remains is to befriend the Wu Tang Clan, the Indigo Girls, and probably a lot of other people in the music industry, and get them all to agree to this. Which should be easy, cause come on, who could fail to be impressed?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thanks for being in love with me; it always makes me feel good to know that there are people out there who are in love with me.
On a sadder note completely unrelated to internet crushes, Old Dirty Bastard is dead. We will all miss you ODB; the world is less colorful for your absence.