Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last night I dreamt of Randy Moss.

I dreamt it was the eighth round of my fantasy football draft, and somehow nobody had taken Randy Moss, or incredibly, Tom Brady. I was the only one to realize this, and found myself trying to pick between the two. My great dilemma, I remember vividly, was trying to think of a way to get both. I knew that since they were on the same team, I couldn’t take one without alerting my friends to the availability of the other. Was there some way I could get both, some cunning stratagem I could use to secure both the best fantasy football quarterback and the best fantasy wide receiver? Perhaps wait and make my pick when everyone else went to the bathroom, which they apparently might do as a group, this being a dream. Before I could make my decision I was confronted with some child from work who had a problem I barely remember, but which probably had to do with crayons and pinching.
Looking back on it, I obviously should have taken Brady.

No comments: