Friday, January 05, 2007

Resolutions

The new year finds me depressed and sick, playing Guitar Hero alone in my room. My recent loss in my fantasy football league's championship game has hit me hard, and I'm planning on becoming an alcoholic on the order of Faulkner or Fitzgerald only not a good writer.
In the brief moments of 2007 when I shall be sober I plan to run a 10 k and write a novel about a young orphan girl's struggle to raise a blind puppy in the Australian outback. I'm thinking she's going to fail, her puppy will be bitten by one of Australia's many poisonous snakes, and she will turn to a life of intravenous drug use. I'm hoping I could win a Newbery medal.
Happy 2007!

3 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

Hope you're serious about Guitar Hero-that game is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Your novel sounds intriguing. Might I suggest inserting in a He-Man character at some point to describe the wonders of Christmas. By the by, I just received Guitar Hero and suck at it. I challenge you.

Andrew said...

Yes Scarlet, I am serious about Guitar Hero.
Frank, Guitar Hero is just like any other instrument-- you can't expect to instantly master it, but the hours it takes to develop your technique will be fulfilling and ultimately well worth it. I am a novice myself, but have put in an hour of practice on War Pigs and feel confident that my rendition of Black Sabbath's classic cry for peace is as good as anyone's.