Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Awesome Crazy Radical Outlandish Super-Terrific Intelligently Created Poems!

The first day of the fall semester this year I walked into a classroom and saw it covered in acrostic poems, written I assume by education students at VCU. Education programs like to make prospective teachers engage in activities that they will later give to their students. I agree with this idea, but I do not agree with acrostic poems. I have no evidence to back me up, but I suspect that writing an acrostic poem makes you dumber.

Magical
Energetic
Good helper
Active
Nuts

Oh Megan, I feel as if I know you.

Brainy
Real
Intelligent
Attitude, good
Nice to hang out with

Let's not get full of ourselves, Brian

3 comments:

Erin said...

nice

Diane said...

These cracked me up! I agree with you. Acrostics are truly the lamest form of poetry. Pity the kid named Xerxes!

Anonymous said...

"Attitude, good"

Really? He couldn't come up with an A word that could stand alone? Just let me meet this Brian, I'll give him an A word.

By the way, this is Cara.