Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Post-Game Interview

Reporter: Andrew, how does this week's emotional fantasy loss to the Hell Freaks effect you and the team, and how do you bounce back from it?

Andrew: Well, you know, it's really discouraging. The guys thought we were gonna pull this one out, and I did too honestly, but in the end we just didn't get the performances that we needed. Some of us just phoned it in, and I think Jason Whitten, Jamal Lewis and Muhsin Muhammad know what I'm talking about.

Reporter: Is it particularly discouraging that the score was so close?

Andrew: Yeah, any time you come within one point of winning, well that's gonna be a real let down. But you know, we're just taking things one week at a time, and we've gone out and got some new players with funny names, and we're gonna see if those guys make the difference.

Reporter: Are you referring to New York Jets wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery?

Andrew: Yeah, I am.

Reporter: When you see the numbers that some of your bench players like Cotchery or DeAngelo Williams put up, and you think, "Hey, one of them would have won the game for us," how does that feel?

Andrew: Well that's always infuriating, but you can't second guess yourself like that. I mean, the Raiders really suck this year, and you figure if the Chargers can put up like 200 rushing yards against them last week, well so can Jamal Lewis, right? That seemed like a really good call, and I don't think too many people would have disagreed. But the thing I and a lot of other people lost sight of is this: Jamal Lewis ain't LaDanian Tomlinson. Not by a damn sight.

Reporter: You can say that again. One last question: Has the play of first overall pick Larry Johnson been disappointing to you, and are you going to trade him?

Andrew: Well, Larry's been getting a respectable number of yards, but he's not getting to the endzone, and yeah, I'm pretty pissed off right now. Obviously I can't trade him, he's too important, but when you think that if he had just scored one touchdown this week and one last week we might have won both of those games, well, I mean, what can you say? "Fuck that douchebag" I guess about sums it up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

andrew, i think you should post a link to your blog on our league's message board...stuff like this is too good not to share...oh yeah, also: you suck! karmic justice for that horseshit carson palmer trade...guess i'm just bitter because i lost as well...and to frank, no less! (sigh)

Andrew said...

Hey Jon,
I feel weird advertising my blog on our message board. However, If you wanted to put a link up there, well then I would be cool with that.
And I can't believe you lost to Frank. That guy is a joke.
Andrew

Anonymous said...

yeah, that Frank guy is terrible. I once heard he crapped his pants while driving back from DC and had to sit on manilla folders. What a sicko. But then again, I also heard that this Jon character is nothing but trouble. Nerdy comic book, Spiderman-loving trouble. That's the worst kind.