Saturday, February 04, 2006

Wind

I've been reading Super Bowl articles all week and hating myself for it.
Is it that reading something purporting to be analytical makes me feel good? Do I fool myself into believing what I'm doing is in some way constructive, despite the fact that the "analysis" is mostly a bunch of ready-made catchphrases and silly overly-enthusiastic guesswork, all clustered around the single idea: "Pittsburgh runs the ball well?"

Sports analysis, never something I held in high esteem, seems even more ridiculous to me after seeing this article on the Guardian website. And still I know that after tomorrow's game I will go to ESPN.com and read what Bill Simmons has to say.
Not Skip Bayless though. That guys blows.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

My blog isn't worthy enough?

Andrew said...

Oh Scarlet, give me time.