Monday, January 19, 2004

Freaky Deaky

"I recently read an Elmore Leonard novel called "Freaky Deaky." It tells the touching story of young Fritz Goldstein, a Jewish man living in Poland in the early 1940's.
'What the thing is is that you're going to Buchenwald, Jew-boy.' says a blonde SS officer early in the book, effectively summing up the book's two major themes: the unpleasantness of death in a concentration camp and the transcendence of pain through cool dialogue. "

That's from an e-mail I sent last year. I like my own jokes way too much, and I'll go through my old e-mails and laugh for half an hour at my own wit, such as it is. Here's another one I just re-read and liked:

"I've decided what I'm going to grad school for. My thesis is going to be titled 'Blood on the Ice: The Role of the Inuit in Hitler's Weltanschaung.'"