Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Best Way to Eat a Cupcake

Thursday evening finds me tired and eating a cupcake in bed. I have smeared a small amount of icing on the sheets, and as I wipe at it with a damp paper towel I think that it might be worthwhile to share the following:
If you're going to eat a cupcake you should tear the bottom off and put it on top of the frosting, creating what is known in some circles as the "cupcake sandwich."
Why do this? Because, reader, it better distributes the frosting to parts of the cake that might otherwise be eaten sans glacage.

Tomorrow I plan to work fourteen hours, after which I shall have sex with your mother. It will be unsatisfactory, and afterwards I will tell her it isn't going to work out and ask her not to be awkward when she inevitably runs into me at parties.

7 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

Is there any other way to eat it?

Anonymous said...

andrew, that is what i do with a cupcake too!

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH YES!!!!!!!!!!!

- sarah

Anonymous said...

antoher thing i need to add -

i think part of the reason why this post is so funny is because it is so easy to picture you in bed eating a cupcake. HAHAHAA

- sarah

Andrew said...

Cupcakes are awesome. I just ate another one.
Unfortunately, both cupcakes in question came from Ukrop's, and they kinda sucked. I really like for my cupcakes to have a light, fluffy sort of a frosting, and this frosting was all heavy and thick and tasted like chemicals.

Anonymous said...

andrew, you really need to come to princeton, not only will i buy you $50.00 worth of classical CDs, but we have some of the best cupcakes in the nation.

Mica said...

Andrew, please come to Charlottesville and hang out with me!

Or let's hang out this summer! I'll be back in RVA.