Monday, March 06, 2006

Sometimes Stealing is Accidental

I often wonder how much of what I write is original work and how much of it is the regurgitation of jokes, stories, ideas, phrases, etc. that I read in the past and forgot about.
Just now I was talking to a friend and made a joke about "finishing the internet." I liked this well enough that I briefly considered writing a brief post wherein I would finish the internet and discuss what I learned. But something seemed off, somehow familiar.
So I googled "finished the internet" and came up with about 800 hits. It turns out my joke came from a commercial, I can't remember what for-- possibly digital Cable, possibly car insurance.

My Influences
Woody Allen
E. B. White
P. G. Wodehouse
The Geico lizard

2 comments:

stig said...

Oddly my friends say that I do a very good impresion of the Geiko Gecko.

Miss Scarlet said...

I finish the internet all the time. I even have archived gmail conversations to prove it.